Friday, July 23, 2010

What I learned this week about action research...

Action research must be practical and have personal interest. The purpose of action research includes 4 areas. The purpose includes what will be accomplished, a focus, it should be reasonable and feasible, and it must be ethical. There are many things in education today that need to be researched, but they must all have a legitimate purpose. I will be conducting an action research during the upcoming school year to see if I can get discipline issue students to conform to the desired behavior by rewarding those that doing what they are expected to do. I will still use a system of punishment for flagrant issues, but will use a system of reward for model students to help teach the discipline problem kids see what is expected of them. I have no doubt that this research will be beneficial to students, fellow teachers, principals, and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment